Sunday, July 9, 2017

Diana Gabaldon's Voyager (Outlander Book 3)

As before, if you haven't finished book 2, you might want to turn back.

Warning ends.

 I'm finding it more and more difficult to review the books in this series without giving away anything, so here goes my first foray into using HTML to hide my spoilerific comments from you poor souls who haven't yet read the book.

 I truly enjoyed the first half of this novel. It flew by in less than 48 hours. It seemed effortless, much like most of the rest of the series so far.
In the second half, hijinks ensue, problems arise, Claire never stays put like she's supposed to... in short, I felt very much like I was watching a mixture of Gilligan's Island, the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and one of those middle-of-the-night telenovelas on Mexican TV. Still with the characters I've grown to love and that increasingly adorable wordplay between Jamie and Claire.

 Although this third installment of the Outlander series was quite different from the first two, the characters remain endearing, the story continues, and I gladly travel on to book 4 to find out what new devils (real and imagined) plague Jamie and Claire's happily ever after, while I do wonder at what point the story ends.

  • Series: Book 3 of 8 (so far)
  • Number of pages: 870 (Trade paperback edition)
  • Year published: 1994
  • Days to read: 6 days

No comments:

Post a Comment

Know of a book you think I would like? Disagree with my review? Tell me all about it!